Alphen aan den Rijn (February 19, 2014)—Wolters Kluwer, a global leader in professional information services, today released its 2013 full-year results.
Download the full report and visit the Resource Center for more information.
- Revenues up 2% in constant currencies and up 1% organically.
- Leading, high growth positions up 7% organically (44% of total revenues).
- Digital and services subscription revenues up 4% organically (55% of total).
- Growth in North America and Asia Pacific more than offset decline in Europe.
- Ordinary EBITA €765 million; Ordinary EBITA margin 21.5%, within guidance range.
Ordinary diluted EPS €1.56, up 3% in constant currencies, in line with guidance.
- Ordinary free cash flow €503 million, up 3% in constant currencies, better than expected.
- Net-debt-to-EBITDA improved to 2.2 at year-end (2012: 2.4), better than target.
- Proposed 2013 dividend increase to €0.70 per share to be paid in cash.
- 2014 to see further focus on leading, high growth positions and increased restructuring.
Nancy McKinstry, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board, commented:
“Our leading, high growth positions and our digital products again drove positive organic growth for the group, more than offsetting the challenges posed by the still uncertain macro environment in Europe and weak print markets globally. Our large and growing subscription base helped us mitigate the less favorable trends we saw last year in transactional revenues. We plan further action in 2014 to increase the focus on our growth businesses and drive efficiencies in Europe and North America. I am very encouraged by the new products we are bringing to market and look forward to 2014 with confidence.”
About CCH Australia, a part of Wolters Kluwer
CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer (www.cch.com.au) is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913 globally and in Australia since 1968. Among its market-leading solutions are CCH iFirm™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, The ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Capital Gains Tax Reporter® and the CCH Australian Master Tax Guide®. CCH Australia is based in North Ryde, Sydney. Follow us on Twitter @cchaustralia. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1eutPws
Full-year report: http://bit.ly/1lkEuCl
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communications Manager, Wolters Kluwer Asia Pacific
T: +61 2 9857 1886 | Mb. +61 (0)408 290 412 | email@example.com