The Malaysia Master Tax Guide 2016 is specifically designed as a reference guide to help tax professionals, accountants and taxpayers to fulfil their tax obligations for the 2015/2016 income year. It also provides information on the goods and services tax, tax incentives, double taxation as well as the tax implications of decisions and transactions that taxpayers may face in 2016.
The Guide explains how the law is relevant to individuals, corporations and other taxable entities. It covers all tax issues, including the goods and services tax. Foreign business professionals interested in doing business in Malaysia will find the explanation of the industrial and investment incentives particularly beneficial.
All tax changes made since the publication of the Malaysia Master Tax Guide 2015, including chapters effected by the 2016 Budget, the Finance Act 2015, the recent exemption orders, rules, IRB guidelines and public rulings issued, have been incorporated into this edition. Also included are the tax changes announced on 28 January 2016 under the revised Budget 2016.
The law in this edition stands as at 1 February 2016.
• Working examples and case law to illustrate how the law is applied in practice
• At-a-glance practical guidance on every aspect of the Malaysian tax regime
• Key legislation and commentary
• Investment incentives addressed in detail with specific examples.
3. Mutual Concerns
4. Partners and Partnerships
5. Estates, Trust, Beneficiaries, Settlements
6. Basis of Assessment and Tax Accounting
7. What is Included in Assessable Income
8. Exemptions and Exclusions from Assessable Income
9. Business Deductions
10. Non-business Deductions
11. Capital Allowances
12. Non-residents and Special Cases
13. Investment Incentives
14. The Administrative Provisions
15. Tax Treaties — Double Taxation Relief
16. Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion
17. Real Property Gains Tax
18. Preparation of Tax Computations
19. Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Bonus Chapter: Inbound and Outbound Investments (available in the eBook only).